This page offers a compilation of some of the best information out there on Josh Fox, the charlatan who fractivists hold up as their inspiration, the chameleon who operates by these rules:
Everything in the film was planned, every scene was either scripted or outlined beforehand – but everything really happened, because it was real, in a sense, we were immersed in that reality. – Josh Fox talking about his movie, Memorial Day
Google “Gasland” and you’ll get almost 1.5 million results. Until recently, many of them related to positive stories about the movie. Google “Josh Fox” and you’ll get nearly half a million similar hits. Nonetheless, the veneer started to crack with Gasland II. It was a poor imitation of the original that garnered mostly ho-hum reviews.
Time also has a way of correcting the record. The evidence revealing Fox never got a $100,000 lease offer the way he claimed in the movie has finally gotten some media attention. This suggests Gasland III (already being financed by the Park Foundation) may never get out of the gate. If it does, it is likely to fall even flatter. Fox is slowly being unveiled.
We’d like to hasten that process. Fox is a demagogue in the service of the Park Foundation and other wealthy special interests. His 15 minutes of fame should have ended long ago. Therefore, we’ve gathered together some of the best material telling you exactly who he is. He’s anything but the country boy turned rebel environmentalist he’d like you to believe. Here are the best sources for what you need to know about Fox:
Josh Fox and His Phony $100,000 Offer (How It Came Unravelled)
- Something’s Rotten in Gasland
- The Fox Myth – A House of Green Paper
- Gasland’s Tangled Web of Deceit
- Thin-Skinned Fox Hides in Bushes as Fenton Attempts Clean-up
- Josh Fox and His Missing $100,000 Offer
Josh Fox’s History, Hypocrisy and Lies
- The Fox Theater of the Absurd
- There Ought to be a (Natural Gas) Law – Part I
- Untruth and Consequences; Unless Your Name Is Josh Fox
- Fox’s Dangerous Wish
- Pride Goes Before the Fall; Fox and His Future
- Fox’s Corporate Welfare Gig
- Fox Takes Tobacco Money
- Fox Tells Three More Lies
- Fox Implodes on FOX
- On the Wrong Side
- Debunking Gasland
- Gasland Debunked – Part II
- Marcellus Landowners Put GasLand Under the Microscope
- Gasland Solar Mystery – Where’s the Array?
- Gasland Part II’s Funding Helps Show Fox’s Big Money Connections
- Fox Firewater Claim Takes Another Hit
- More USGS Data Confirms Josh Fox Not Harmed by Drilling
The Angry, Bitter and Deceptive Fox
- Fox’s Phony Firewater Frenzy Over Gasland Part II
- ‘Gasland’ Director Attacks the AP in Front of Sparse Crowd in Royal Oak
- The Gasland Fairy Tale – A Refresher Course
- Fox Tales Get Airing on Jon Stewart Show
- Fracking Fighters Are An Admission of Defeat: Who’s Funding Them?
- The Insufferable Josh Fox
The Fox in the Henhouse
- Fox and Friends Claim the Land from Farmers
- Fox Continues Shale Misinformation Tour on MSNBC
- Gasland Part II – Landowners and Truth Denied
- Gasland Star Sees His Shadow in Michigan; Good News for Shale?
- For Fox, the Sun Also Rises, But Not on Command
The Fox at the Movies and on the Road
- Truthland, The Gasland Antidote, Arrives!
- FrackNation Hits A Home Run for the Good Guys
- Gasland II Debunked Video
- The Fox’s “Lieapalozza” Tour Protested
- The Fox’s Mysterious Appearance
- The Charlatan Produces Another GasHoax
- Fox’s Delusions of Grandeur
- Fox’s Strange and Unexpected Friends
- Fallacious Dunce Josh Fox Goes to Planet Ithaca to Reboot
Perhaps you have your revealing stories about the deceptions used by the cunning one. If so, please send them along!