External Affairs Coordinator, Cabot Oil & Gas
The Shale Gas News, heard every Saturday at 10 AM on 94.3 FM talked about a pipeline deal, Utica reserves, oil exports and much more last week.
Every Saturday, Kevin Lynn of Linde Corporation and I co-host a morning radio show to discuss all things natural gas. This week we had Mark Volk of Lackawanna College, Bernie McGurl and Dave Spiglmeyer of Marcellus Shale Coalition as guests.
The Shale Gas News is typically broadcast live and our October 3rd program (click above) covered the following new territory (see news excerpts below):
- Pipeline Giants Strike $38 Billion Deal. Three months after Tulsa-based The Williams Cos. rejected an unsolicited takeover attempt by Energy Transfer Equity, which had offered $53.1 billion to acquire the company.
- Williams Accepts ETE’s “Indecent Proposal” – Price Went Down $10B. In June, ETE’s billionaire CEO Kelsy Warren revealed he had been propositioning Williams for over six months–offering Williams $64 per share to buy the company, totaling $48 billion.
- Utica Reserve Estimates Soar. Utica recoverable resources (782.2 Tcf) of natural gas, beyond previous estimate of (38 Tcf). Marcellus Shale is estimated to hold (500 Tcf to 800 Tcf) of natural gas.
- Wolf Supports Mine Water Bill Sent to Him. The measure could improve water quality in the Lackawanna River and other waterways in Northeast Pennsylvania that have been affected for decades by acid mine drainage.
- U.S. Is Net Oil Exporter to Mexico for First Time in Two Decades. 48,000 barrels a day in July, the U.S. Energy Information Administration said Wednesday. A decade ago, the country bought a net 1.3 million barrels of oil from its southern neighbor.
- Time To Buy Cabot Oil & Gas??? It holds over 200,000 acres in Susquehanna County in Pennsylvania which makes it the largest land holder in the most productive region in the country.
- Why America’s Power Grid Needs Natural Gas Now More Than Ever. A renewable resource available will almost always be dispatched to the grid because its zero fuel price will trump the non-zero fuel price of coal and gas-fired generators.