External Affairs Coordinator, Cabot Oil & Gas
The Shale Gas News, heard every Saturday at 10 AM on 94.3 FM, 1510 AM and Sundays on YesFM, talked about a wastewater plant, longest onshore laterals, Gene Yaw’s bill and much more last week.
The Shale Gas News has grown again; welcome Gem 104 as our FOURTH station! Gem 104 helps to solidify the Shale Gas News coverage in an important Marcellus region, PA’s northern tier. The Shale Gas News is now broadcasting in Bradford, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lebanon, Luzerne, Lycoming, Pike, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga and Wayne Counties, as well as in greater central PA. The Shale Gas News is aired on Saturday or Sunday depending on the station.
Every Saturday Rusty Fender and I host a morning radio show to discuss all things natural gas. This week, as guests, we had Mike Narcavage, Community Relations Manager for Southwestern Energy Company and Matt Henderson, President of Henderson Consulting Services.
The Shale Gas News, typically, is broadcast live. On the April 27th show (click above), we covered the following new territory (see news excerpts below):
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren says she’d ban new fossil fuel production on federal lands as president. Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she would immediately move to place a “total moratorium” on new federal fossil fuel leases if elected president, blocking energy companies from drilling offshore and producing oil, gas and coal from U.S. government-owned land.
- West Virginia’s Top 10 Gas & Oil Producers, According to WVONGA. According to Anne Blankenship, executive director of the West Virginia Oil & Natural Gas Association (WVONGA), “We have only begun to scratch the surface of developing this enormous resource beneath us,” referring to shale oil and gas in the state. As part of a larger interview with WV media, Blankenship shared a list of the 10 biggest natural gas producers in the state, along with the top 10 biggest oil producers in the state. We always dig that kind of information and thought you would too.
- PA Sen. Gene Yaw To Intro Bill Blocking NatGas Sales To NY-NJ-MD. Over the years MDN has heard the oft-repeated comment that if New York and other states want to block new pipelines, maybe Pennsylvania should quit shipping its gas to those states. PA State Senator Gene Yaw has also heard those comments and, in a brilliant move, Yaw will soon introduce a bill that does precisely that: block natural gas shipments to states like New York, New Jersey and Maryland–states attempting to (or have) blocked new pipelines from PA.
- Antero’s WV Frack Wastewater Plant “Best Project Like it in World” – Antero Resources’ innovative wastewater recycling facility in Doddridge County, WV began operation in November 2017. Since that time, the Clearwater Facility has continued to expand. Today it operates at about 70% of its full capacity. The facility can process up to 60,000 barrels of wastewater per day, separating water, salt and radioactive particles.
- EQT Downsizing Pittsburgh Office; Williams Keeping Big Office. It’s no secret that upstream companies (drillers) like EQT are trimming head count and reducing annual spending. So it probably won’t come as a surprise that EQT has put 46,000 square feet (out of 250,000 sq. ft.) in its palatial headquarters in downtown Pittsburgh up for sublease. Meanwhile, in a contrasting bit of news, midstream (pipeline) company Williams has just renewed the lease for its big regional Pittsburgh headquarters at Park Place Corporate Center–a 112,481 sq. ft. building.
- Deep Well Services Helps Drill 3 Longest Onshore Laterals in U.S. We spotted an article in the Pittsburgh Business Times (one of our favorite pubs) announcing Mark Marmo, CEO of Deep Well Services, as the winner of the 2019 Fox Rothschild Outstanding CEOs and Top Executives Award. The award is well deserved. Mark is a great leader and a great person. As cool as the award is, Mark is quoted in an interview about the award sharing information that is, for us, the top news to report today: Deep Well is currently helping drill what are the three longest onshore shale wells ever drilled in the U.S.
The Shale Gas News sponsored by Linde Corporation