Natural Gas NOW
The recently released FERC State of the Markets Report, 2018″ report is an update on the progress of the shale revolution as it moves forward claiming new territory.
The highlights say it all (emphasis added):
- Natural gas markets experienced record high demand and supply.
- Natural gas storage fell to a multi-year low.
- Pipeline additions helped to reduce Marcellus bottlenecks.
- Higher average prices were seen nationally for both gas and electric markets.
- Capacity additions were led by natural gas-fired and wind-powered generation.
Even the wind generation increases could not have occurred with natural gas backup (and subsidies from ratepayers getting natural bargains).