External Affairs Coordinator, Cabot Oil & Gas
The Shale Gas News, heard every Saturday at 10 AM on 94.3 FM, 1510 AM, 1600 AM, 104.1 FM and Sundays on YesFM, talked about Keystone XL Pipeline, Russian LNG, Biden energy policy and much more last week.
The Shale Gas News has grown again to the Williamsport area on stations WEJS 1600 AM & 104.1 FM. The Shale Gas News is now broadcasting in Bradford, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lebanon, Luzerne, Lycoming, Pike, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga and Wayne Counties, as well as in greater central PA and now the Williamsport area. The Shale Gas News is aired on Saturday or Sunday depending on the station.
Every Saturday Rusty Fender, Matt Henderson and I host a morning radio show to discuss all things natural gas. This week, as a guest, we had Mike Atchie, manager of public outreach at Williams Partners.
The Shale Gas News, typically, is broadcast live. On the January 23rd show (click above), we covered the following new territory (see news excerpts below):
- Keystone XL pipeline halted as Biden revokes permit. TORONTO — Construction on the long disputed Keystone XL oil pipeline halted Wednesday as incoming U.S. President Joe Biden revoked its permit on his first day in office. The 1,700-mile (2,735-kilometer) pipeline was planned to carry roughly 800,000 barrels of oil a day from Alberta to the Texas Gulf Coast, passing through Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma.
- 70% methane cut from oil and gas? Here’s a blueprint. Oil and gas companies and governments worldwide must take steps to quickly curb methane pollution in order to avoid a post-pandemic emissions surge and stave off the worst effects of climate change, the International Energy Agency warned yesterday.
- Chamber shifts on climate, backs ‘market-based’ policy. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce said yesterday that it supports a “market-based approach” to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, a major rhetorical shift for an organization that was once a leading enemy of climate change legislation.
- American Energy Independence Under Attack on All Fronts. Walter “Wayne” Christian is a financial planner from Center, Texas, a Republican member of the Texas Railroad Commission (Chairman), having won the position in the November 8, 2016 general election. He’s an energy expert who thinks about and deals with energy, of all sorts, every single day. Christian recently penned an article exposing the attack now happening on American energy independence by the far left. He exposes the Paris Climate Accord for the fraud it is and he calls out “woke” investors who are pressuring other investors to divest from oil and gas companies. This is one article you need to read.
- With Polar Vortex Coming, Boston & NYC May Need Russian LNG. The last time a major polar vortex visited the northeastern United States was in January 2018, and it created such a huge demand for natural gas that Boston had to import Russian LNG to meet demand. Last January we had a cold snap but not a full-blown polar vortex, which almost caused New York City to import Russian LNG. Guess what’s on the way to the northeast in about two weeks’ time?
- What to Expect from Biden/Senate Democrats re Energy Policy. Well, the apocalypse has happened. We now have single party (Democrat) rule in Washington, D.C., and that spells trouble ahead for shale energy–for both oil AND gas. We’ll keep our opinions to ourselves on the politics. What’s done is done. Instead, we’ll let the analysts from S&P tell you what you can expect with new appointments at key federal agencies, and how energy policy under the Biden administration, with a big assist from a Democrat-controlled Senate, will likely play out in the coming years.
- Clinton County, PA Petchem Plant Update – NatGas + Carbon Capture. In February 2020 MDN brought you news about a new half-billion-dollar petrochemical plant that will convert Marcellus Shale gas into feedstock (chemicals) to be used in agriculture, manufacturing, medicine, and transportation, coming in Clinton County, PA. The project continues to make progress and is undergoing a name change.
The Shale Gas News sponsored by Linde Corporation
Follow Us on MeWe and Join Our
Natural Gas for the Future Group