External Affairs Coordinator, Cabot Oil & Gas
The Shale Gas News, heard every Saturday at 10 AM on 94.3 FM “The Talker,” talked about methane emissions, shale gas numbers, conversions and much more this week.
Every Saturday, Kevin Lynn of Linde Corporation and I co-host a morning radio show to discuss all things natural gas.
Video of Rebellion Photonics’ Fugitive Methane Catcher – A Fantastic New Tool Used by the Oil and Gas Industry to Help the Industry Dramatically Reduce Emissions
The Shale Gas News is typically broadcast live and this past Saturday’s program, the podcast of which is available here, covered the following new territory (see news excerpts below) and, among many more topics, included interviews with Joe Massaro of Energy In Depth, Rob Boulware of Seneca Resources and Joy Ruff of Dawood Engineering:
- As the Battle Over a Severance Tax Continues—These are Compelling Numbers. An updated fact sheet titled Shale Powers Pennsylvania: By The Numbers provides some importance perspective on Tom Wolf’s proposed severance tax.
- PA Production in 2H14 Soars to New Record; 4 Tcf in 2014. While almost all major drillers in PA are cutting their budgets for new drilling in 2015, there is a huge backlog of already drilled wells waiting for pipeline infrastructure to be built.
- 15 NY Towns Consider Seceding from NY, Join PA Due to Frack Ban. There is a serious effort–for towns in some upstate New York counties to secede from New York State and join Pennsylvania. Why? Because of New York’s ban on hydraulic fracturing.
- Should You Convert To Natural Gas Now That Oil Is Cheap? When crude prices rebound to hit the $60 price point, it’s time to pull the trigger on your natural gas conversion.
- PA DCNR Program Leases Under Rivers/Creeks for Marcellus Drilling. PA Gov. Tom Wolf’s Dept. of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) is stepping up its program of leasing underneath rivers and creeks.
- The SCI Dallas Prison Project to Replace Heating Oil with Cheaper Natural Gas—Linde. Kevin Lynn tells NaturalGasNOW.org all about the SCI Dallas natural gas conversion.
- Fossil Foolishness: Divestment Ethics and Realities. Endowments investments in oil and natural gas in 2010-2011 provided returns of 52.8% – nearly twice the returns from all other U.S. publicly traded stocks, real estate securities and foreign equities.
- Williams CEO Says Pipeline Opposition Equals More Coal Use. It’s political hassles and complex regulation that make moving natural gas from the wellhead to the market more uncertain and expensive.
- New Study: Most Natgas Processing Facilities Leak < 1% Methane. This is according to a major field study led by Colorado State University that examined 114 gathering facilities and 16 processing plants across 13 states.
- Rebellion Photonics: Thriving On Fumes. Some information on the world’s first (and only) maker of hyperspectral video cameras – the best way to detect fugitive emissions of methane and other volatile gases escaping from oil and gas fields.
Check out what else is new at NaturalGasNow today!