External Affairs Coordinator, Cabot Oil & Gas
The Shale Gas News, heard every Saturday at 10 AM on 94.3 FM, 1510 AM and Sundays on YesFM, talked about the Shell Cracker Plant, Northeast Supply Enhancement Project, Southwestern Energy and much more last week.
The Shale Gas News has grown again; welcome Gem 104 as our FOURTH station! Gem 104 helps to solidify the Shale Gas News coverage in an important Marcellus region, PA’s northern tier. The Shale Gas News is now broadcasting in Bradford, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lebanon, Luzerne, Lycoming, Pike, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga and Wayne Counties, as well as in greater central PA. The Shale Gas News is aired on Saturday or Sunday depending on the station.
Every Saturday Rusty Fender and I host a morning radio show to discuss all things natural gas. This week, as a guest, we had Erica Rogler, Executive Director at the Dietrich Theater.
The Shale Gas News, typically, is broadcast live. On the August 17th show (click above), we covered the following new territory (see news excerpts below):
- DOE working on methane study ahead of Trump rule. As EPA is moving forward with its rewrite of methane regulations on the oil and gas industry, the Department of Energy is taking its own look at the sector by studying the emissions of the potent greenhouse gas from the nation’s low-production wells.
- President Trump visits Shell cracker plant in Beaver County. President Donald Trump is visiting the Shell cracker plant in Beaver County Tuesday. The cracker plant is under construction along the Ohio River in Potter Township. Once complete, Shell expects the facility will support 600 onsite jobs.
- Hillary Clinton’s Mistake On Fracking For Natural Gas. “By the time we get through all of my conditions, I do not think there will be many places in America where fracking will continue to take place,” Hillary Clinton, March 6, 2016. Hillary’s strong anti-fracking statement is, at the very least, politically unsavvy: battleground states Ohio and Pennsylvania are our key incremental natural gas producers, and fracking is their primary means to extract more gas.
- Southwestern Energy Cutting Rig Count from 6 to 2 in M-U. Yesterday Southwestern Energy, a major Marcellus/Utica driller, released its second quarter 2019 update and talked about the rest of 2019 and beyond. Southwestern total production in 2Q was 186 billion cubic feet equivalent (Bcfe), an 11% increase compared to 2Q18 (excluding the Fayetteville, which Southwestern sold last year to become 100% focused on the M-U). That 186 Bcfe number includes 148 Bcf of gas production, 937,000 barrels of oil production, and 5.5 million barrels of natural gas liquids (NGL) production.
- Cuomo Turns State DPS on National Grid for Gas Hookup Moratorium. Andrew Cuomo, governor of New York, is a vicious politician. He operates much like a mafia boss. Case in point: Cuomo refuses to allow a new pipeline to be built to the New York City (and Long Island) region, called the Northeast Supply Enhancement (NESE) project. National Grid, which supplies natural gas to part of New York City and all of Long Island, needs new supplies of gas from that line. Since there will be no new pipeline, National Grid has placed a moratorium on hooking up new gas customers in the region.
- EQT COO Gary Gould “Resigns” – Company Eliminates Position. After Toby and Derek Rice seized control of EQT following a bruising proxy fight to control the board, Toby was named CEO of the company. Not long after that, Toby went on record to say he wasn’t cleaning house. And yet, that’s what it looks like from our point of view. In addition to former CEO Rob McNally and company attorney Jonathan Lushko getting the boot, the company’s chief operating officer (COO), and at least one other senior official, have exited.
- Trump Takes Credit for Shell Cracker Plant – Media Blows a Gasket. Democrats and the media (one and the same) are truly a conflicted, schizophrenic bunch. Both national and local Democrats who pretend to be unbiased journalists (what a joke) couldn’t wait to blast out headlines from yesterday’s visit by President Trump to Monaca, PA that Trump is falsely “taking credit” for the Shell ethane cracker, a plant that began life–at least planning stages–during the reign of their Lord and Savior Barack Hussein Obama. Yet in the next breath they write that this plant Trump is taking credit for will produce eeeeevil plastic that’s dooming all life on Mom Earth to extinction. They want credit for the plant, yet they don’t want the plant. What’s a lib Dem to do?
The Shale Gas News sponsored by Linde Corporation