External Affairs Coordinator, Cabot Oil & Gas
The Shale Gas News, heard every Saturday at 10 AM on 94.3 FM, talked about the moratorium, pipeline workaround, Utility Commission and much more last week.
Every Saturday Rusty Fender and I host a morning radio show to discuss all things natural gas.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/285114217″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
The Shale Gas News, typically, is broadcast live. On the September 24th show (click above), we covered the following new territory (see news excerpts below):
- State extends drilling moratorium in forests, parks. Pennsylvania has extended a moratorium on oil and gas drilling in state forests and parks for five years.
- BU vows to avoid but not ban fossil-fuel holdings. Boston University announced Tuesday that it would avoid investing in coal and tar sands in an effort to combat climate change, but the institution stopped short of broadly divesting its holdings in fossil fuel companies as some students and faculty have urged.
- Emails reveal collusion between EPA and green groups on crafting climate change rules. A newly released cache of government emails offers more evidence of behind-the-scenes collusion between the Environmental Protection Agency and environmental groups in crafting greenhouse gas regulations, including an effort by one lobbyist to enlist the EPA in fundraising.
- Colonial finds pipeline workaround to ease gasoline shortage. The nation’s largest gasoline pipeline is set to restart its main shipping route, easing almost two weeks of disruptions in supplies to the East Coast following a leak in Alabama.
- SoCalGas completes more California Aliso Canyon natgas well tests. More wells passed safety inspections at the Aliso Canyon natural gas storage facility in Los Angeles, Southern California Gas Co said on Monday, but the company has more work to do before it can inject gas into the giant field the utility shut last fall due to a massive methane leak that was not plugged until February.
- Shale Oil: The Alpine High Discovery To Inspire More Shale Exploration In The Permian. The announcement by Apache Corporation (NYSE:APA) of the Alpine High discovery adds an interesting new dimension to the exploration opportunity set in the Permian Basin. So far, activity in the Permian has generally gravitated towards the deeper portions of the Midland Basin and Delaware Basin.
- Top 10 Utility Commission Issues of 2016 – So Far. With 2016 heading into the home stretch, we check in on the top issues facing utility commissions so far this year.
The Shale Gas News sponsored by Linde Corporation