External Affairs Coordinator, Cabot Oil & Gas
The Shale Gas News, heard every Saturday at 10 AM on 94.3 FM, 1510 AM and Sundays on YesFM, talked about the Atlantic Sunrise, ethane storage, NEXUS Pipeline and much more last week.
The Shale Gas News has grown to THREE stations! We are now broadcasting with YesFM. YesFM will be airing the full 60 minute version of the program on Sunday mornings. YesFM broadcasts primarily in Sullivan and Bradford counties, with some ancillary coverage in neighboring counties and even over the border into New York.
Every Saturday Rusty Fender and I host a morning radio show to discuss all things natural gas. This week, as a guest, we had Toby Mack President & CEO at Energy Equipment and Infrastructure Alliance.
The Shale Gas News, typically, is broadcast live. On the September 2nd show (click above), we covered the following new territory (see news excerpts below):
- Williams Partners Receives Key Pennsylvania DEP and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Permits for Atlantic Sunrise Project; Receives FERC Approval to Place Portion of Project into Service on Sept. 1. TULSA, Okla.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Williams Partners L.P. (NYSE: WPZ) today reported that the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers have issued required permits for the Atlantic Sunrise pipeline project – an expansion of the existing Transco natural gas pipeline to connect abundant Marcellus gas supplies with markets in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern U.S.
- WVU study: Ethane storage can create 100K jobs. West Virginia University researchers believe a Marcellus and Utica shale ethane storage hub could help create $36 billion in investment and more than 100,000 permanent jobs — some of which could occur at industrial sites left behind by Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel, Weirton Steel and Ormet Corp.
- JKLM Drilling 12 Utica Wells in Potter County, PA This Year. It’s been a while since we’ve updated you on a little-known (but rapidly becoming better known) company called JKLM Energy. In May 2016, the last time we wrote about JKLM, we told you the company had successfully drilled and was flowing gas from Potter County, PA’s first Utica Shale well.
- PA 2Q NatGas Production Report – Another New Record. It continues to be another banner year for natural gas production in Pennsylvania, going by the latest quarterly production report. Yesterday, the PA Independent Fiscal Office (IFO) released their latest quarterly Natural Gas Production Report for May-Jun 2017. It shows natgas production rose 3.8% compared to the same period last year. It also shows the number of producing wells is up 7.5% from last year.
- Haynesville Shale Tops Marcellus Rig Count, 1st Time Since 2011. The Haynesville Shale, found in East Texas and Louisiana, last week surpassed the Marcellus for total number of active drilling rigs. That’s the first time the Haynesville has had more active rigs than the Marcellus since 2011–six years. What’s up with the “sleepy” Haynesville? It’s not so sleepy anymore. Last year one of the biggest and best drillers in the Marcellus, Range Resources, paid $4.4 billion to buy out and take over a Louisiana driller.
- New FERC Quorum Votes Final Approval for NEXUS Pipeline. Two new members added to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission by President Trump (Neil Chatterjee and Rob Powelson), added to the Obama-appointed member (Cheryl LaFleur) have not wasted any time in authorizing their first major pipeline project as a group. Last week the trio voted to approve the first major pipeline project since a quorum has been reestablished–NEXUS, a $2 billion, 255-mile interstate pipeline that will run from Ohio through Michigan and eventually to the Dawn Hub in Ontario, Canada.
- Shell Needs 450 Welders to Work on Ethane Cracker Plant. Good news if you’re a welder, or interested in a welding career, and you live in southwestern Pennsylvania. Shell needs you. Shell is in the process of building a massive, $6 billion ethane cracker plant in Beaver County, PA (northwest of Pittsburgh). Cracker plants have lots of pipes that need to be welded as the plant goes up.
The Shale Gas News sponsored by Linde Corporation