External Affairs Coordinator, Cabot Oil & Gas
The Shale Gas News, heard every Saturday at 10 AM on 94.3 FM, talked about Arctic drilling, methane emissions, Port Townsend Paper and much more last week.
Every Saturday Rusty Fender and I host a morning radio show to discuss all things natural gas. This week we had Anthony Ventello as a guest.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/283614621″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
The Shale Gas News, typically, is broadcast live. On the September 17th show (click above), we covered the following new territory (see news excerpts below):
- Oil industry presses Obama on Arctic drilling. With the clock ticking on the Obama administration’s decision on whether to allow drilling in the U.S. Arctic, the oil industry is trying to apply some final hour pressure on the president’s home turf through a series of advertisement buys.
- Debate Rises over Real Source of Higher Methane Emissions. Some research says oil and gas production is the largest contributor, other work says it’s agriculture, livestock and landfills.
- Port Townsend Paper converting to natural gas to fuel plant. Engineering and environmental manager says the three-phase plan to switch over and cut emissions is already in motion.
- New West Texas Oilfield Fuels Optimism. Apache Corp. has high hopes for a new oil field in West Texas, reports The Wall Street Journal.
- Explosion, Fire Shut Down PA NatGas Electric Power Plant. There was an explosion, followed by a fire, at a natural gas-fired electric generating plant last night at Talen Energy’s Lower Mount Bethel power plant along Depues Ferry Road in Lower Mount Bethel Township, Northampton County, PA (Lehigh Valley area).
- Moxie Chooses EthosEnergy to Run NEPA NatGas Electric Plant. EthosEnergy has been awarded a contract for the full operations and maintenance of the Caithness Moxie Freedom power plant in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, which is being developed and constructed by Caithness Energy, L.L.C. and Moxie Energy, LLC.
- Spectra Ready to Open Valve on Expanded Pipeline from NE to Gulf. Fantastic news for overabundant supplies of Marcellus and Utica Shale gas: Spectra Energy has asked the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to open the valves on their Texas Eastern Transmission Gulf Markets Expansion Project.
The Shale Gas News sponsored by Linde Corporation