External Affairs Coordinator, Cabot Oil & Gas
The Shale Gas News, heard every Saturday at 10 AM on 94.3 FM talked about shale regulations, Panda Power’s PA plants, the Atlantic Sunrise and much more last week.
Every Saturday, Kevin Lynn of Linde Corporation and I co-host a morning radio show to discuss all things natural gas. This week, as a guest, we had Mike Narcavage of Southwestern Energy discussing the annual golf tournament.
The Shale Gas News is typically broadcast live and on our June 25th show (click above), we covered the following new territory (see news excerpts below):
- Obama-appointed judge strikes down federal fracking rule. Ruling that the Interior Department does not have congressional authority to regulate fracking.
- Panda Power’s 2 PA Marcellus-Fired Electric Plants Complete! Gemma reports completing both facilities and has turned them over to Panda to begin operation!
- Old Conventional Wells in PA Causing Problems for New Shale Wells. If you drill horizontally and clip an old/abandoned well, it becomes like an elevator pumping fluids and gas to the surface. Not good.
- NEPA Pipeline for Power Plant Gets Positive FERC Assessment. Staff of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) has prepared a favorable Environmental Assessment (EA) of Tennessee Gas Pipe Line Co LLC.’s (TGP) proposed Triad Expansion Project [CP15-520].
- Atlantic Sunrise Pipeline Like Interstate Highways of Yesteryear. A much larger project half a century ago that did change life in the Bloomsburg area forever. Interstate 80.
- Pennsylvania Legislature Approves New Shale Regulations, Scraps Rules for Conventional Wells. Wolf hailed the compromise, indicating he would sign the legislation and get to work on helping to properly draft new conventional regulations.
- Uncle Sam Says Hydraulic Fracturing Yields Environmental Benefits. “Hydraulic fracturing has allowed us to drill our way to reduced GHG emissions, reduced criteria pollutants, reduced reliance on imported energy, and lower gasoline prices,” said Milito. “This American story is as real as the science is sound.”
The Shale Gas News sponsored by Linde Corporation