External Affairs Coordinator, Cabot Oil & Gas
The Shale Gas News, heard every Saturday at 10 AM on 94.3 FM talked about the U.S. Senate Energy Bill, Russian gas, natural gas price war and much more last week.
Every Saturday, Kevin Lynn of Linde Corporation and I co-host a morning radio show to discuss all things natural gas. This week we had Clark Packard of the National Taxpayers Union and Karen Moreau of the NYS Petroleum Council as guests.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/248337066″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Clark Packard is Policy and Government Affairs Manager for the National Taxpayers Union where he primarily tracks state legislative efforts and advocates on behalf of taxpayers. Prior to joining NTU in 2015, Clark worked as an attorney and budget and policy advisor to Governors Nikki Haley and Mark Sanford of South Carolina. Between his tenures serving in the Haley and Sanford administrations, Clark worked as In-House Counsel to a mortgage lender and servicer where he spearheaded the company’s compliance with various state and federal financial services laws and regulations. Clark graduated from the University of Dayton with a degree in Political Science and the University of South Carolina School of Law with a Juris Doctor. He spends his free time duck hunting, fishing, playing golf, and being continuously let down by Cleveland’s professional sports teams and the University of South Carolina’s football team. He lives with his wife, Laura, and their two dogs, a Pit Bull mix named Oscar and an obstinate Bluetick Coonhound named Ruth.
The Shale Gas News is typically broadcast live and our February 20th show (click above), we covered the following new territory (see news excerpts below):
- Why America Is The World’s True Energy Superpower. According to last year’s BP Statistical Review of World Energy, the U.S. was ranked: #1 in oil production, #1 in natural gas production, #1 in nuclear power, #1 in wind power, #1 in geothermal power, #1 in biofuels.
- U.S. Senate Energy Bill Supports PA Natural Gas Future. The Energy Policy Modernization Act of 2015 looks to streamline approval process of U.S. liquefied natural gas (LNG) export projects.
- Unearthing an all-of-the-above energy approach. The next president must recover what Obama abandoned.
- Experts Say Exporting Natural Gas Is Going To Help US Against Russia. American LNG exports could compete against Russian gas, forcing the country to rethink how it treats American allies who can now have gas options.
- A Natural Gas Price War Is Imminent. The looming natural gas share (and price) war to be launched by Russia’s gas giant, Gazprom (OGZPY), later this year.
- Goldboro LNG Project Gets Final DOE Approval – Good for Marcellus. Another Nova Scotia LNG project, Goldboro LNG, has also received approval from the DOE to export natgas to non-free trade agreement counties.
- Push for a Deal on Oil Production Moves to Iran. The search for a grand bargain among oil producers shifted to the Iranian capital Wednesday as Venezuela and Qatar energy ministers started talks with Iran and Iraq to try to expand an agreement to freeze crude production to shore up prices.