External Affairs Coordinator, Cabot Oil & Gas
The Shale Gas News, heard every Saturday at 10 AM on 94.3 FM talked about Hilcorp bonuses, personal income growth, affordable natural gas and much more last week.
Every Saturday, Kevin Lynn of Linde Corporation and I co-host a morning radio show to discuss all things natural gas.
The Shale Gas News is typically broadcast live and our December 19th program (click above) covered the following new territory (see news excerpts below):
- XMAS CHEER!! No Downturn Here: Hilcorp Gives $100K Bonus to Every Employee. During one of the worst downturns in the industry in a generation (2015), Hildebrand is handing out a $100,000 bonus to each employee this Christmas.
- Shale Counties Have High Personal Income Growth. Five of the top seven Pennsylvania’s counties that have high personal income growth are in the Marcellus Shale region according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis’ numbers.
- Marcellus Shale Drives the U.S. Natural Gas Revolution. Since 2007, shale gas production has grown from being 10% of total U.S. gas production to nearly 60% this year.
- Affordable Natural Gas Keeps UGI Very Busy. Despite industry slowdown, UGI Utilities is very busy with consumers, both commercial and residential, making the conversion over to affordable natural gas.
- Gov. Ed Rendell & Tom Wolf Support Philly Energy Hub Plan. A push to bring oil and gas produced in Pennsylvania and Ohio, and even in North Dakota to Philly for processing and then shipped domestically and exported internationally.
- Township in Lebanon County, PA Welcomes Atlantic Sunrise Pipeline. Why not? Because (a) its a meaningless gesture–FERC won’t consider it in their decision-making, and (b) there are a lot of people in the town who WANT the pipeline.
- Genscape: Sabine Pass LNG Export Began Accepting Natgas on Dec 10. First shipment of U.S.-produced LNG that will head to a foreign destination. In fact, this will be the very first exported shipment of LNG from the Lower 48 states–ever.