External Affairs Coordinator, Cabot Oil & Gas
The Shale Gas News, heard every Saturday at 10 AM on 94.3 FM “The Talker,” talked about EPA, taxes, fossil fuels divestment and much more this week.
Every Saturday, Kevin Lynn of Linde Corporation and I co-host a morning radio show to discuss all things natural gas.
- Pittsburgh Economic Leader Says Wolf Severance Tax Really 15% Rate. The 15% rate is based in part on the provision for a $2.97 per thousand cubic feet price floor, $2.97 amount is the lowest possible value the state would use to calculate the tax. Yablonsky said the rate is well above current market prices.
- PA Dem Seeks Severance Tax Break for Two P&G Wells in His District. A Pennsylvania Democrat introduced legislation that would provide a severance tax exemption for gas drilled on property owned by any manufacturer as long as it is used for manufacturing purposes. What about other manufacturers who might be burdened the governor’s severance tax?
- Syracuse U Divests from Fossil Fuels, NYU Says “Irresponsible.” Syracuse University versus NYU on the subject of divesting fossil fuel stocks. Where should you send your kids?
- Figuring Out Fracking Wastewater. Scientists are analyzing the liquid that comes from fracking wells to determine the best ways to treat it.
- Dem Congress Members Collude with White House to Target Fracking. Five Congressional Democrats introduced legislation that would put the (EPA) in control of fracking. One of the five is, shamefully, Pennsylvania Senator Bob Casey.
- PA’s First Monthly O&G Production Report Goes Live Republican. Tom Corbett signed into law moving reporting from every six months to every month.
- USGS Says There’s Plenty More Fossil Fuels to Come in Appalachia. Appalachian coal and petroleum resources are still available in sufficient quantities to contribute significantly to fulfilling the Nation’s energy needs.
- CONSOL Begins High-Tech Drilling/Fracking at Pittsburgh Airport. CONSOL paid the airport a $50 million signing bonus,drill 47 wells on 6 pads. After royalties come in, the airport says it will make upward of a staggering $1 billion.