External Affairs Coordinator, Cabot Oil & Gas
The Shale Gas News, heard every Saturday at 10 AM on 94.3 FM and 1510 AM, talked about the Northern Access Pipeline, LNG exports, severance tax and much more last week.
Every Saturday Rusty Fender and I host a morning radio show to discuss all things natural gas. This week, as guests, we had Mike Atchie, Public Outreach Business Partner at Williams and David Taylor, President of the Pennsylvania Manufacturers’ Association.
The Shale Gas News, typically, is broadcast live. On the April 29th show (click above), we covered the following new territory (see news excerpts below):
- Fracking isn’t contaminating groundwater, study finds. A major anti-fracking argument by environmentalists may not have the facts to back it up, a new study conducted by Duke University found. Fracking has not contaminated groundwater in northwestern West Virginia, according to the peer-reviewed study published this month in a European journal.
- NFG Sues NY DEC in Fed Court re Northern Access Pipe Rejection. Earlier this month MDN brought you the sad (and angering) news that once again Gov. Andrew Cuomo has caved to political pressure from environmental Nazis and instructed the now-corrupted Dept. of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to deny stream crossing permits for National Fuel Gas Company’s (NFG) Northern Access Pipeline project.
- Liquefied Natural Gas Is All the Rage in the Trump Administration. First Gary Cohn — President Donald Trump’s top economic adviser — voiced support for a terminal in the U.S. Northwest that would send tankers full of LNG to Asia. Then Tuesday, Energy Secretary Rick Perry praised an export terminal proposed by Exxon Mobil Corp. and Qatar Petroleum in Texas that, he said, will create about 45,000 jobs during construction and position the U.S. as the “dominant exporter” of LNG to the world.
- Trump Is Expected to Sign Orders That Could Expand Access to Fossil Fuels. WASHINGTON — After moving last month against Barack Obama’s efforts to limit fossil fuel exploration and combat climate change, President Trump will complete his effort to overturn environmental policy this week, signing two executive orders to expand offshore drilling and roll back conservation on public lands.
- Anti-Govt Radicals Begin 24/7 Tree Sit in PA to Block ME2 Pipe. A group of radical (we’d call them criminal) environmentalists–some of the same ones who broke the law in North Dakota while “protesting” the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL)–are now trying to replicate the DAPL “protest” (i.e. illegal action) against Sunoco Logistics’ Mariner East 2 pipeline in Pennsylvania. The radical group Earth First! Recently issued a “call to action”–their version of ringing the dinner bell for hungry dogs to come running from all other the country (even from other countries).
- OH Gov. Kasich’s Severance Tax Hike is Dead, Again. As in previous years when Ohio’s RINO Gov. Kasich has proposed a super-high boost to the state’s severance tax, calm-headed Republicans (people from his own party!) have come to the rescue. Ohio House Republicans have removed Kasich’s boost in the severance tax rate from the budget. Meaning, it’s dead.
The Shale Gas News sponsored by Linde Corporation