The controversy from the Sioux Tribe over the Dakota Access pipeline & Lake Oahe have been nothing more than deception, proven by a Federal Judge findings.
Here’s the extent of the grand deception being perpetrated by the Tribe and their sponsors, including their, law counsel so-called “Earthjustice,” on all of us regarding the Lake Oahe manufactured situation on the Dakota Access Pipeline route as dissected by Judge Boasberg of the D.C. District Court (an Obama appointee) in his September 9, 2016 opinion:
- The Judge found as a fact that it was totally false that the Tribe was not given the opportunity to be consulted on historical resources questions. He finds that the Tribe “largely refused to engage in consultations.”
- The “Tribe has had more than a year to come up with evidence that the Corps acted unreasonably in permitting even a single [activity] [without historical review] and it has not done so.”
- He describes disturbing post-hoc attempts by the Tribe at outright dishonesty and misleading the Court about cultural resources.
Deceptions With Respect To Lake Oahe Area In Particular:
- The Corps and the Tribe conducted multiple visits to the area to identify sites of potential cultural interest that could be harmed;
- The Tribe identified several resources during those visits but those resources are far away from the construction activity;
- The Corps duly concluded that any such resources there would not at all be even impacted by the pipeline activity;
- The North Dakota State Historical Preservation Officer, after touring the area, agreed that there would be no impact at all on historical or cultural resources;
- This area had already been subject to surveying long ago in connection with other utility projects;
- Dakota Access will run parallel, at a distance of 22 to 300 feet, to an already existing natural gas pipeline going under the Lake;
- Dakota Access will use even less intrusive modern horizontal directional drilling method to run the pipeline under the Lake which will result in less disturbance to the land there and bury the line so deep as to be a non-issue re historical/cultural resources;
- Any temporary disturbance (as with all pipelines) will be removed;
- Tribal monitors and Tribal archaeologists will be present for all activities.
- General Condition 21 to the permit requires an immediate cease of work if any unexpected cultural or historical resource is found so an evaluation can be done.
All of this shows again that the fuss of late over Dakota Access Pipeline is completely contrived fiction–nothing but orchestrated theatre and mob politics aimed at securing political and ideological ends. The facts as found by an Obama appointed Federal Judge prove that. Read the opinion here (posted by Earthjustice, who is orchestrating the hoax as counsel for the Tribe.)